To Host or Not to Host?


Thanksgiving is fast approaching (along with a slew of other holiday happenings) and while we usually host the festivities, this year we're frankly pooped. All of the shopping, cooking and cleaning are starting to wear on us, and we're trying to encourage some of our other friends to act as host this year.

I think it may have something to do with my perfectionist streak--I love to have everything 'just so' before guests arrive, and that usually involves cooking everything myself. Believe it or not, I miss the days of the kids' table--being able to just show up, eat myself into a semi-comatose state, and wish there was something else to watch besides football on television. But, I will certainly miss setting myself a pretty table...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

2009 August Vintage - Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress theme by Dirty Blue